Mother Centre Equal Opportunities Policy
Equal opportunities Policy
The SRMHC Charitable Trust has a fundamental commitment to the equality of opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, creed, gender, marital status, background or education.
We believe in the opportunity being given to all individuals to grow, develop and blossom and also in their own free choice whether to accept that opportunity or not.
The SRMHC Charitable Trust also recognises that individuals grow and change at their own rate and of their own choosing, therefore in time may need another or a different opportunity.
We undertake to ensure equal opportunity by:
- Looking at each individual as unique and having a unique potential
- Looking at training and providing information in the way each individual needs
- Acknowledging free will, choice and individual expression
- Acknowledging the individual’s ability to grow and to train beyond their present level
- Honouring the individual’s pace and way of learning
- Moving beyond initial presentation
- Honouring and respecting each unique individual and helping each individual to honour and respect others
- The SRMHC Charitable Trust having an Inclusion rather than an Exclusion Principle and looking to maintain that continuously
- Providing accessibility to disadvantaged individuals wherever and whenever feasible
- This Policy applies to all aspects of the SRMHC Charitable Trust’s work
- This policy is monitored by the management team and training given to all volunteers to uphold this Policy
- All staff and volunteers will be supported both to maintain this policy and to report any incident which may go against the essence and the practicalities of the Policy
- Resolving any incident reported or observed which is not in keeping with this Policy
- An annual review in addition to ongoing reviews